- 4 chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless, cut crosswise into ¼-inch strips
- 2 TBLS vegetable oil, divided
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 poblano pepper, diced
- ½ cup diced Spanish onion
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 TBLS chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ tsp adobo sauce
- ½ cup frozen corn
- 12 flour tortillas (6” size)
- 1 can (10 oz) can enchilada sauce
- 1 ½ cup grated quesa Blanca cheese
- 3 TBLS chopped cilantro for garnish
Avocado Black Bean Salad:
- 2 ripe avocado, halved, pit removed, and diced
- 16 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 TBLSs olive oil
- 1 can (15.5 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 TBLS fresh lime juice
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 TBLS chopped cilantro
Lime Cream Drizzle:
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 TBLS fresh lime juice
Make Avocado Black Bean Salad by combining all ingredients in medium bowl. Stir gently and reserve.
Make Lime Cream Drizzle by combining sour cream and lime juice in a small bowl. Reserve.
Preheat oven to 350º F.
In a sauté pan, heat one tablespoon vegetable oil over medium heat. Add chicken strips and sauté until browned. Remove from pan and reserve. In same pan, add second tablespoon of oil and heat. Add red peppers, poblano pepper, onion, cumin, chili powder, paprika and salt. Saute until vegetables are soft, about 5-6 minutes. Add cilantro, adobo sauce, and corn. Stir to heat through.
Spray a large oven proof baking dish (or two medium-sized dishes) with non-stick cooking spray. Spoon about ¼ cup chicken mixture onto each tortilla, roll, and place in pan. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Enchiladas should be placed tightly in pan. Pour enchilada sauce over tortillas. Sprinkle with grated cheese.
Place in heated oven and bake until cheese is melted and Enchiladas are heated through, about 20-25 minutes.
Serve 2 enchiladas per person. Drizzle with Lime Cream and garnish with chopped cilantro. Serve Avocado Black Bean Salad on the side.